Finding the Minimum Cost Solution
This assignment requires you to solve a classical linear programming transportation problem using computer software. These problems seek to minimize transportation costs of a supply chain network subject to demand, supply, and capacity constraints. You may use the computer tool of your choice, including Palisade Decision Tools Evolver or Excel Solver, to calculate this problem.
In the assignment resources, you will find the document, Finding the Minimum Cost Solution. Attach This information sheet gives you data on the factories and shipping costs for you to complete this assignment.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Write a 4-page article that calculates and analyzes the transportation problem and the sensitivity analysis using the model, the text material and the article.
As you complete your assignment, be sure your paper meets the following guidelines:
- Written communication Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: All resources and citations should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
Complete the following:
- In the Supply Chain Network Design text, read:
- Chapter 6, “Adding Outbound Transportation to the Model,” pages 99–126.
- Chapter 7, “Introducing Facility Fixed and Variable Costs, pages 127–138.
- https://bookshelf.vitalsource.com (Tonyelle_woody@hotmail.com) (Knowledge1*)
- Anitha, P., & Patil, M. M. (2018). A review on data analytics for supply chain management: A case study. International Journal of Information Engineering and Electronic Business, 10(5), 30.
- Hamdi, F., Ghorbel, A., Masmoudi, F., & Dupont, L. (2018). Optimization of a supply portfolio in the context of supply chain risk management: Literature review. Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, 29(4), 763–788.