You are an IT system manager working for the KION Group with the main headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany. Forklift trucks and warehouse automation equipment are the company’s main products. A disaster that destroys half or all of a modern business’s data center is the worst-case scenario. This includes all of the computers and discs inside it. While such a scenario is uncommon, it is possible, and not just in the event of a major natural disaster, such as an earthquake or electrical surges due to a storm. These circumstances can permanently destroy data centers. The strength of the KION group is determined by the quality of a business impact analysis (BIA). Because this is the blueprint that will get you out of any situation, no matter how big or small, you can navigate easily if the map is well-made. However, if the information is out of date, incomplete, or otherwise compromised, you will have difficulty getting back to business as usual. Ensuring you have offsite backups of your data is the greatest approach to preparing your organization for a disaster like this. If your production data is stored on-premises in one of your data centers, you’ll need to make backups of it in a different data center, or the cloud. If your data is stored in the cloud, you have the option of backing it up to local storage, another cloud, or another area of the same cloud. It is essential to restore backup data on new infrastructure as quickly as possible. Moving significant volumes of data via the Internet takes a long time, so it’s not a good idea in the event of a crisis. Moving physical copies of discs from one location to another could be faster in some situations. Alternatively, it may be faster and easier to set up new servers in the data center where your backup data is stored, link them to the backup data, and then use them as production servers. Because your team is performing so well, senior management at the KION group decided that your team must establish a business continuity plan (BCP) and a disaster recovery plan (DRP) to deal with difficulties that may arise now or in the future. You’ve been tasked with creating these new plans.
Write a 3–4 page paper in which you:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Summarize the primary purpose of a BIA, including why a BIA is often classified as confidential.
- Explain how a BIA helps evaluate data and categorize risks with respect to technology, individuals, and the organization in regard to the above scenario.
- Explain the purpose of a BCP, including how a BCP helps to mitigate risks in regard to the above scenario, and recommend two best practices to follow when creating a BCP.
- Explain the purpose of a DRP, including how a DRP helps to mitigate risks in regard to the above scenario and recommend one best practice to follow when creating a DRP.
- Use at least two quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources. The Strayer University Library is a good source for resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Evaluate and categorize risk with respect to the technology, the individuals, the enterprise, and the recommend appropriate responses.