View the ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPgQsMdWg_8 ) . Identify the main points of the speech and the supporting materials used for each. Evaluate the speaker’s use of supporting materials in light of the criteria discussed in Chapter 8. Be sure to incorporate the criteria in your main post.
reply to two classmates’ posts.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
The main points of the speech are given at the beginning of the presentation, are as followed:
- Orderly robots, specifically “TUG”, are used in over 100 hospital in America, and are in charge of picking up, and delivering supplies. The robot also has sensors so in hallways, they will be less prone to have collisions.
- Remote presence robots, specifically “RP-7”, offers communication with doctor(s), even when they are not physically present. These robots can be powered anywhere on a laptop located in the hospital, or far beyond, going room to room. These are also equipped with vital checking equipment.
- Surgical robots, specifically “Da Vinci”, is being used in more than 200,000 procedures per year. The robot is given several surgical devices, along with a microscope, and is controlled by the surgeon. The surgeon never touches the patient, but is always in control.
With the given checklist of citing sources orally, (Lucas pg. 154) we can confidently decipher the effectiveness of how the speaker presented his sources. The speaker uses a vast majority of his sources through journals, or organizations. He effectively lists the person he is referring to, also he uses the person(s) exact words. Along with this, he cites the person’s credentials, and what their occupation is to help verify the information being used. Dates are also used when expressing who, and what the source is about. The variety in sources does lack in my opinion, but for the sources used, he uses them effectively throughout the speech.
The main points in the speech are:
- Orderly Robots: The T.U.G. robot can be found in over 100 hospitals in which it picks up and drops off supplies throughout the hospital, routing through the facility via a digital map.
- Remote Presence Robots: The RP7 robot allows doctors to be in the room with a patient while not physically being present. The robot is on wheels and has a screen with the doctor’s face being broadcasted onto it. Can be equipped with medical equipment to test the patient.
- Surgical Robots: The Da Vinci surgical robot allows the doctor to operate inside a patient without touching them with their own body. The system is ran remotely inside the operating room and has several tools equipped to it for surgical use.
The speaker clearly referenced the information and where each piece was coming from, while also providing credibility for each source. He gave dates for each article and quote he provided to give a time frame for the information he was talking from. He also used a variety of different sources for his speech.