Some art experts say that Renaissance art is to modern art what parents are to children. In other words, many of modern art’s basic ideas, such as perspective and the use of objects of focus, stem from the Renaissance masters. In this assignment, you will have the opportunity to compare a piece of art from the Renaissance to a piece of modern art. Your goal is to attempt to answer this question: What makes one piece of art modern and another not?
Note: You may find it helpful to view the What Is Modern Art Sample Paper [DOCX]. You may not use the language that appears in the sample paper in your paper. That is considered plagiarism. Likewise, you will find it useful to refer to your Week 2 discussion post as you complete this assignment.
Using the What Is Modern Art Template [DOCX],write a 2-page paper in which you:
- Select one of the Renaissance masterpieces and its artist from the National Gallery’s Tour: Renaissance Masterpieces and include a rationale for your selection (1/4 page).
- Be sure to copy and paste an image of your selected Renaissance masterpiece into your paper. The image is not included in the required page count.
- Detail three major characteristics of Renaissance art according to the article, “What Are the Characteristics of Renaissance Art?” (1/2 page).
- Select a piece of modern art that appeals to you from anywhere in the textbook and include the rationale for your selection (1/4 page).
- Be sure to copy and paste an image of your selected piece of modern art into your paper. The image is not included in the required page count.
- Detail three major characteristics of modern art based on the Museum of Modern Art’s What Is Modern Art? web page (1/2 page).
- Click on Tools & Tips: What Is Modern Art? in the upper right corner of the page and view the PowerPoint presentation.
- Be sure to illustrate the characteristics of modern art by referencing the piece of modern art you selected from the textbook.
- You may find it helpful to refer to the Renaissance and Modern Art Characteristics Chart [DOCX] as you write your paper.
- Summarize why your selected Renaissance artwork is Renaissance art, not modern art (1/4 page).
- Summarize why your selected modern artwork is modern art (1/4 page).
- Integrate at least two quality resources using the Source List for What Is Modern Art? Assignment [DOCX]:
- In your assignment be sure to use in-text citations along with the provided source page.
- See the sample paper as a guide for in-text citations.
- Attach the provided source list page and include the correct page number from your textbook for the piece of modern art you selected.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the assignment title, your name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Attach the provided source list page. Citations must follow SWS format. The source list page is not included in the required page length.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Code "Newclient"