In this module we will utilize information from all of the modules to illustrate an understanding of the material within this course.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
While submitting your paperwork for tuition reimbursement at your place of employment, your supervisor asks which course you have just finished. You proudly announce that you just earned an “A” in “Cross-Cultural Studies”. Your supervisor informs you that you will have an opportunity to share what you have learned in this course with others. Specifically, you are asked to prepare a presentation for a group of health care professionals (physicians, nurses, and therapists) on strategies that they can use to integrate principles of cultural competence into their everyday practices. You are asked to prepare a PowerPoint presentation (5 to 10 slides) including speaker’s notes (you will be penalized if your speaker’s notes are not included). In order to help you meet the requirements, your presentation should include:
- Discussion as to “why” cultural competence is important in
health care (1 to 2 slides).
- Barriers to Communication
- Patient-Centered Care
- Potential negative outcomes that could be associated with lack of cultural competence on the part of the health care provider (1 to 2 slides).
- Methods that can be used to assess a client’s cultural beliefs (1 to 2 slides).
- Strategies that the health care professionals can use to enhance
cross-cultural competence (1 to 2 slides).
- Cultural Immersion
- Sources of information where the members of the group can go to learn about members of different cultures (1 to 2 slides) [HINT: We had a really good discussion about this topic a few weeks ago.]
- Include a reference list at the end in a concluding slide. Also, provide the necessary citations in your presentation/speaker’s notes.
What are speaker notes?
As you recall, the PowerPoint slides should only give your audience some key points about the topic. You should not try to “cram” your slides full of information. Speaker’s notes can help the presenter remember everything that he or she wants to say about a particular slide.
How do I make speaker’s notes?
Follow these simple steps to add speaker’s notes to your PowerPoint presentation:
- Open your PowerPoint presentation
- Go to the “View” menu and select the “Notes” page.
- The notes page will be small, so you will have to go to the “View” menu again and select “Zoom” in order to make them bigger. Select the percentage of zoom that you want (the higher the percentage, the larger the page will become).
- Click inside the notes page and begin typing your speaker notes.
- Continue doing this on each slide until your speaker notes are written.
- Once you have finished writing your speaker notes, save your presentation and it is ready to be graded.