The structure of your research paper will be similar to the one in the previous module but be sure that you incorporate the opposite side of the argument.
- Your Perspective (Essay 3)
- Explain your position on the issue and what points support your stance. Be sure to incorporate secondary sources from the MDC Database.
- The Other Perspective
- Consider the other side of the issue and what are the counter-points. Also, be sure to incorporate secondary sources from the MDC Database.
- This is where you directly address the counter-points from the other perspective.
- Your Final Conclusion
- Your final conclusion is the place where you make your final point. Be sure to revisit your introduction here and give a final, powerful thought.
Evaluation Criteria: (NEED TO TWEAK FOR RESEARCH PAPER)
- The most important thing is that you fully use your analytical skills in using the appropriate rhetorical structure.
- I will be looking to see how well you appeal to your audience and how well you stress the logical and emotional aspects of your association with the person/place. Also, I will be looking for the use of opening and concluding strategies.
- The style will be formal, and I want to see how well you can utilize the standards of American Edited English.
- I will be looking to see how well you incorporate cause and effect and comparison into your essay.
- I will focus on the quality of your introduction.
- I am not looking for grammatical perfection, but the essay must be readable and free of mechanical errors that distract your reader.