Leaders seek out change opportunities regularly. Innovation, critical thinking, and decision making are key to making an impact on an organization. This assignment is designed to help you look at aspects of your own clinical practice and become a change agent in your organization. Use your current or past experience to identify a change project to implement.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Step 1: Select a topic for a change project. What do you want to change?
- Review the following resource for potential change topic or process ideas:
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement: Hospital Inpatient Waste Identification Tool
- link: file:///C:/Users/18039/Downloads/IHI_Hospital_Inpatient_Waste_Identification_Tool_White_Paper_2011.pdf
Step 2: Identify the context for your change. Where will the change take place and who will it affect? Who would need to approve the change?
- Describe the setting where the change will take place: Clinical setting (ED)
- Explain who is affected: patients, nurses, leadership, and other stakeholders in the organization.
- Who would need to approve the change? The CEO, unit manager or someone else?
Step 3: Review the literature to find possible solutions and evidence to address your topic. What are the current best practices for your intended change?
- Research sources that guide evidence-based practice to improve outcomes related to your selected topic.
- Find a minimum of three peer-reviewed articles directly related to addressing your change topic. Use these articles to support the implementation plan.
Step 4: Create an implementation plan for your change. The audience would be the person(s) who need to approve the change. Be sure to address this person in your speakers notes on the first or second slide. How will the change be implemented? Add in the research from step 3 to support the change. Be creative and complete for the change plan.
- Create an implementation plan for your change. This can include what resources are needed, a simple timeline and justification of the change. The plan should be logical in sequence and start with the identification of the issue and the change idea and review how the change would happen and who it would affect.
- Your audience is whomever is responsible for approving the change.
- Use the research articles to substantiate and justify the change idea. For example, if an automated scheduling software could be a good improvement for your facility, use the research to support the change. The write up for the articles will go into the speakers notes area.
Format your assignment as a 10- to 15-slide presentation with cited speakers notes. Be sure to include Step 2 information in the final assignment.
Include an APA-formatted reference page.