1. PHI 210 Week 5 Discussion Top of Form
“Identifying Misleading Information in an Argument”
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
OPTION A: Find an online article (news, magazine, journal, etc.) on any subject that interests you that uses statistics to make its conclusion. Share a link in this thread.
Now answer these questions about that article:
- What is the premise and conclusion of the argument based on statistics?
- Determine whether or not the argument uses any deceptive statistics.
- Give your opinion on whether or not the argument has persuaded you. Explain why or why not.
OPTION B: Explain the primary ways in which statistics or authority are used in your current work position in developing persuasive arguments and provide examples here.
2. PHI 210 Week 6 Discussion Top of Form
“Identifying Truth or Fiction”
The video clip, “The Baloney Detection Kit,” this week discusses the ways an effective critical thinker assesses claims made by others.
- Examine some key reasons why people might seem attracted to pseudoscience-type claims.
- Describe at least two (2) such claims that you have heard people make and analyze the main reasons why such claims do or do not meet rigorous scientific methodology standards.
- Determine at least two (2) ways in which the material discussed this week has changed your own thinking.
3. Precalculus Discussion Question
“Exponential Functions” Please respond to the following:
Explain how exponential functions can model both phenomena that grow and phenomena that decay. Note the main similarities and differences in the form of the function in each case.