Posting on Creating a Perceptual Map.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Read the Posting on Creating a Perceptual Map
- Interview 5 people of the same gender about what top 5 characteristics influence their purchase of shampoo.For more consistency, you might want to interview peers or people with similar profiles, just as you would in interviewing a target segment.
- Note which 2 characteristics are most common across all 5 interviews. You will need to develop end points for your X and Y axis’.Note: you want to pick characteristics that make for logical end points and will result in a useful plot.Price automatically gives ‘high’ and ‘low’ as end points, but each interviewee might have different perceptions of what constitutes a high or low price.Similarly, ‘control’ is subjective unless you get some attributes that make it more specific.When interviewing, you might ask for a bit more detail so that you can compile useful output.
- Ask for the names of 5 brands of purchased shampoo they are familiar with.
- Ask them their perception of the brands on their most important characteristics.
- Create your x and y axis based on the characteristics most often cited by all the interviewees. Plot the 5 most commonly cited brands on those dimensions.The result should show 5 brand points using the two most common dimensions. Your plot should show a distribution of the brands.If all brands are in one quadrant, reconsider your selection of axis characteristics.
- Based on your map, make a recommendation as to where a new entrant enter the shampoo market with the new brand, “Sieloff” shampoo.
- Where would you recommend the new brand be positioned?
- Show the positioning of “Sieloff” brand on your map.
- Discuss why this would be a good business choice in terms of the degree of meaningful differentiation that could be achieved.
- Write a positioning statement/value proposition for the “Sieloff” product/brand.
Submit your answers through the Turnitin link after filling in the forms below.