Note: If you are using Internet Explorer, please use the second link above, “Also available as a PDF,” to download the PDF.
On the basis of your reading, respond to the following questions:
- The authors of the article identify several examples of how the binomial distribution can be used in the criminal justice system. Select one of the four examples and describe how the binomial probability distribution was used in this real-world situation.
- What evidence do the authors provide that suspect MT was actually innocent? How did the binomial distribution predict his eventual release?
- The authors created a series of “yes/no” or “true/false” questionnaires to deliver to potential suspects. How could you apply this technique to your proposed research study? Would a binomial distribution be appropriate to your topic and your approach?
Review at least two of your classmates’ posts on the basis of the following questions:
- What are the similarities and differences between your classmates’ assessments of the utility of binomial distributions and your own?
- How did your classmates’ posts improve your own understanding of the utility of binomial distributions in criminal justice research? Include any questions you may have that, if answered, would clarify your classmates’ assessments of this research methodology
"If this is not the paper you were searching for, you can order your 100% plagiarism free, professional written paper now!"