Support Services Recommendation Report
The final step for the course project is to integrate your previous information and propose a recommendation regarding a gap in existing resources of a chosen program, agency, or organization in your local community that provides a specific service or a range of services to older adults.
This should not be a re-submission of previous assignments, but rather an analysis, explanation, and synthesis of how the knowledge you gained from previous assignments leads to your recommendations.
- To successfully complete this project, integrate the information you gained from the previous assignments in Unit 3, Unit 5, and Unit 7 into your Support Service Recommendation Report and include the following:
- In Unit 3, you did a survey of local services. You explained what was available for older adults in your community.
- Incorporate your analysis concerning the extent these available services are meeting the needs for the number of older adults in your local population.
- Compare epidemiological data, including mortality and morbidity statistics noting significant differences by cultural and ethnic groups, and aspects that foster or inhibit successful aging.
- In Unit 5, you interviewed an older adult, a representative of formal support services, and a representative of informal support services to learn about older adult needs and use of services.
- Analyze your findings from the respondents regarding involvement with support services.
- Add a component to propose strategies that address social and cultural biases and discriminatory practices toward the aging population.
- In Unit 7, you conducted a literature review of support services for older adults, based on older adult needs.
- Include your analysis from the literature as to which services are working successfully for older adults, what needs they service, and where the services are located.
- Propose recommendations and strategies that address social and cultural biases and discriminatory practices to improve a service or program where a need is not being met.
- Identify a selected and previously researched target agency, organization, or program in your local community.
- Analyze what is or is not working well with the organization or program.
- Analyze the older adult need not being met.
- Analyze political, organizational, economic, and environmental factors of your chosen organization.
- Examine the perceptions and treatment of older adults from a social, cultural, and ecological perspective. Include the concepts of respect, family obligations, and gender and how they influence older adults, especially the oldest old.
- Propose strategies based on identified success factors to assist the older adult in aging productively.
- Suggest how technology could be incorporated.
Recommendation Report Format
Please include the following for this assignment.
- Title Page.
- Introduction that provides an overview of the paper’s focus.
- Background that explains the evolution of the problem and includes the literature review.
- Context that explains relevant details and addresses issues such as vulnerable populations, existing resources, and others.
- Recommendations including a review of alternative approaches to the problem as well as a detailed discussion of the action you are recommending.
- Conclusion that summarizes the report and reinforces the recommendation.
Written Communication: Exemplify master’s level critical thinking and analysis in your paper. Do not just present a summary of the readings. Objectively evaluate and report on the findings of your research materials and the readings from the course.
- Write scholarly by making points that are logical, substantive, and relevant based on the presented evidence, as well as free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Clearly identify in your paper where you are addressing each grading criterion or part of the assignment.
- Create written communications that are respectful and appropriate to the purpose, context, and audience.
- Apply the conventions of the APA style guide and format in written communications.
- Generate communications that are clear, organized, concise, and use correct grammar and mechanics.
- Your paper should be double spaced using Times New Roman, 12 point. There is no required minimum or maximum page length.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Code "Newclient"