A Woodworking, Metalworking and Welding
Create a presentation in PowerPoint, Prezi or LucidCharts on Electrical Safety using OSHA 29 CFR 1910.331-.335, NFPA 70E, NEC (NFPA 70), NIOSH and CDC as your references. Refer to the rubric for additional guidance.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
The items below must be addressed in the presentation.
1. What is electricity?
2. Statistics associated with poor electrical safety in the workplace (think of using pictures or graphs).
3. Define and differentiate between qualified and unqualified persons under OSHA
Sub Part S. and the training requirements for each.
4. Describe the intent of an Electrical Safety Program and list the essential elements of
an effective program.
5. List types of electrical hazards to personnel and describe the nature of the hazards
related to: Electric shocks, improper grounding, ground faults, extension cords, damaged insulation, inadequate wiring, overhead powerlines, arcs and blasts
6. List types of engineering controls.
7. List types of administrative controls.
8. List types of personal protective equipment (PPE) used for tasks involving electrical hazards.
- Watch the video Dangers of Hot Work and list the 6 different recommendations the CSB defined in the video regarding safe work practices during hot work. Also, choose one of the accidents discussed and summarize what occurred. Respond to another student’s post.
Dangers of Hot Work
Watch VideoDangers of Hot WorkDuration: 13:56
User: n/a – Added: 6/9/