In a paper of at least 1,800 words (not including title, abstract, and reference pages), persuasively argue that your topic of interest (Adolescent Behaviors related to Social Media) and the specific research question ( Question: How does the use of social media affect adolescent development in a negative manner? )you have identified are pertinent to your field of study and of interest to the broader academic and practitioner community.
- Analyze the over-arching topic you are interested in and what justifies your research question, basing your analysis on the information you have gathered on the topic throughout this course. Cite literature you have found that explores, studies, or debates critical aspects of the topic or question.
- Create a compelling argument that reinforces why you believe your topic is relevant to your field of study, and why your research question is important to answer, using principles of persuasive writing.
- Assess the audience for a research study on your topic of interest, describing who might be interested in the answer to your research question.
- Analyze how practitioners might use the answer to your research question to improve client service or to advance understanding in your field of study
- Predict how the results of a study to address your research question might be used.
- Appraise how you as a researcher might overcome any ethical concerns that could be associated with conducting a study to address your research question.
Your paper should incorporate the following persuasive-writing elements:
- A strong opening that engages and draws in your reader to the arguments you will make in your paper;
- Powerful descriptors and arguments that identify and support your positions with respect to the topic and question you have identified;
- Responses to anticipated questions or potential disagreement about the importance of your choice of topic or research question; and
- Summary points that tie up loose ends and leave your reader with a clear picture of your position with respect to the topic of interest and research question you have selected.
The Defending Your Research Topic and Question paper
- Must be at least 1,800 words in length (exclusive of abstract, title and reference pages)
- Incorporate at least 5 scholarly sources
- Include title, abstract and reference pages in your paper.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Code "Newclient"