Analyzing and recommending policy changes
For this assignment, you will select discriminatory issues within a program or policy, analyze that program or policy, explain strategies to address the issues, and recommend improvements. Keeping in mind that policy change does not happen in a vacuum, you will also format these recommendations as an audiovisual presentation for policymakers, clearly presenting the case for your chosen improvements.
For this assignment, complete the following:
- Select and explain a program or policy that you believe oppresses, alienates, or discriminates and explain why you think this is the case. Use your current knowledge and skills in regards to program and policy evaluation as well the approach to evaluation that Chambers and Bonk (2013) employ in your text.
- Analyze the program or policy that you have selected by applying the three evaluation criteria, adequacy, equity, and efficiency, from Chambers and Bonk (2013).
- Recommend improvements or enhancements to the program or policy, converting it to a policy or program meant to create privilege and/or power.
- Create an audiovisual presentation designed to influence those in power to consider changing the program or policy. The final format of this presentation is up to you, but a straightforward approach would be to create a PowerPoint presentation, enable the record function, and narrate through the presentation as if you were delivering it live.
- To prepare for the narration, it is helpful to write a script or notes and use them as a guide when recording. Include these talking points in the Notes section of the corresponding slides of the presentation. This will also ensure that, in case there are any problems with your recording, the information of the narration is still accessible.
- Utilize the links in the Resources to assist you with creating an effective presentation.
Chambers, D. E., & Bonk, J. F. (2013). Social policy and social programs: A method for the practical public policy analyst (6th ed.). Pearson.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
"If this is not the paper you were searching for, you can order your 100% plagiarism free, professional written paper now!"
"Do you have an upcoming essay or assignment due?
Get any topic done in as little as 6 hoursIf yes Order Similar Paper
All of our assignments are originally produced, unique, and free of plagiarism.