Assignment 2 – Dissecting a Quantitative Research Report
Your paper should include your name and course title, adhere to APA style, and written in 12-font and double-spaced. Use the five APA Level-2 headings and APA Level-3 headings as sub-sections. The full APA references should appear at the end of the assignment. Use format template on next page for this assignment.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Include the full reference of the article as the title of your paper.
From a recent (past 5 years) peer-reviewed journal, find an article that utilized the quantitative method. Read the article and be able to provide a short summary of the study. Use the following guidelines:
Introduction – Briefly discuss the purpose of the Introduction section of a manuscript.
- Problem Statement – Identify the background/rationale and research problem for the study.
- Theory – Identify the theory the researcher(s) grounded the study in and describe the major research findings that support the theory. Next, list out the research questions or hypotheses.
Methods – Briefly discuss the purpose of the Methods section of a manuscript.
- Population and Sample – Who or what was the population of interest and what sample participated in the study.
- Tools for Measurement – Present the assessment or survey tools that were used to collect the data.
- Design – Briefly describe the research design that was utilized. Provide a definition of the design and a rationale as to why the design was the most appropriate (i.e., connect the design back to the research problem to be addressed).
- Procedures – Briefly describe the data collection procedures.
Results – Briefly discuss the purpose of the Results section of a manuscript.
- Identify the primary type of statistical analysis that was used to analyze the data.
Discussion – Briefly discuss the purpose of the Discussion section of a manuscript.
- Describe the findings of the study and discuss how it supports or refutes the theory presented in the literature review.
Limitations and Suggestions – Identify the potential reasons why one should “suspend trust” in the research. Offer potential suggestions for improvement.