Due Week 8 and worth 100 points
You work as an information security specialist for a large financial company and your CISO has asked you to investigate the recent ransomware attacks. The CISO wants to ensure that the company is well protected against these types of attacks.
Write a paper in which you answer the following:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Identify the common targets of ransomware. Explain why these targets are so attractive to hackers.
- Determine the best practices that should be implemented by the security department to help reduce the risks posed by ransomware.
- Propose what users and system administrators should do when a potential infection has been suspected.
- Compare and contrast viruses, worms, and Trojans, and indicate which of these you consider to be the greatest danger to computer users and / or the greatest challenge for security personnel to protect against.
- Use the Internet to identify three commercially available antivirus software products for corporate use; compare the features of each and describe which one you would recommend, and why.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze system vulnerabilities exploited by hackers.
- Design plans that remove Trojans, backdoors, and malware from infected systems.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in cybercrime techniques and response.
- Write clearly and concisely about topics related to cybercrime techniques and response using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.