Assignment Choice #1: Case Study – Medical Malpractice Report, law homework help.
Assignment Choice #1: Case Study – Medical Malpractice Report
In this assignment you will examine the legal and ethical implications of medical malpractice. Read the case study on John Parker on pages 245-247 in Contemporary Issues in Healthcare Law and Ethics. Write a 4-5 page report to the chief executive officer for Littleville Family Health Plan, a managed care organization (MCO), to assist them in gaining a better understanding of what occurred and the legal implications for the organization.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Your report should address the following substantive requirements:
- Description of what occurred, who was affected, and why
- Assess the case from the following perspectives:
- Ethical – identify the ethical principles involved in this situation from the perspective of the patient (John Parker), physician (Dr. Green), and the organization (Littleville Family Health Plan).
- Legal – what are the legal implications and what laws or statutes were involved?
- Provide two recommendations for how to manage this case from the perspective of the healthcare organization. What could have been done to prevent this situation?
- Recommend next steps to manage this case by the MCO.
Your report should meet the following structural requirements:
- Be 4-5 pages in length, not including the cover or reference pages.
- Be formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.
- Provide support for your statements with in-text citations from a minimum of four (4) scholarly articles. Two (2) of these sources may be from the class readings, textbook, or lectures, but two (2) must be external. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these references.
- Utilize the following headings to organize the content in your work.
**Please make sure you follow directions need to have in text citations and please no plagiarism**
**Pages are attached**