For this benchmark assignment, based on data gathered from your class profile, and in working with your mentor teacher, select a strand, cluster, and set of standards appropriate for the grade level and content area of your practicum placement. From this information, you will create an original, comprehensive assessment plan.
Part 1: Assessment Plan Summary
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
In creating the assessment plan, include an introduction that provides a 250-500 word summary of a 3-5 day unit of study to contextualize your assessments. Your summary should include:
- Learning targets/objectives that are aligned with your standards and consistent with the unit of study that you have summarized.
- Instructional strategies that are appropriate and effective in promoting student achievement of the learning objective.
- Targeted reasoning skills to be measured that are aligned with your standards and consistent with the unit of study that you have summarized.
- The different ways a student can demonstrate knowledge and skill attainment.
- The needed tools and resources to develop these skills in the content area.
- Academic language for the unit of study, including key vocabulary, form, and function.
- Potential use of technology to support assessment, in the form of engagement and addressing student needs.
Part 2: Assessments
Consistent and aligned with these items, create one pre-assessment you would use for this unit. Your pre-assessment should assess:
- Prior student knowledge.
- Student interest.
Create three formative assessments that would appear in this unit. Your formative assessments must be:
- Aligned to the standards and objectives listed in the unit.
- Minimize bias and document learning.
- Differentiated for the populations described in your class profile.
Create one summative assessment that consists of:
- Specific directions for the student.
- Three short-answer response items that require the use of varied targeted thinking skills.
- At least 15 multiple-choice questions assessing reasoning by focusing on a variety of particular reasoning skills or reasoning tasks.
- One restricted response essay item that clearly identifies the tasks to be performed.
- Modified short answer response and multiple choice items for students on IEPs.
- An analytic scoring guide for the restricted response essay item that describes the criteria and features to be scored.
- An answer key that includes answers for the short responses, multiple choice items with explanations for each option, and a sample answer for the extended response essay.
Part 3: Conclusion
In finalizing your assessment plan, include a conclusion that provides a 250-500 word rationale for the original assessments you created. Discuss how the pre-assessment data would help you to plan for instruction.
Discuss the feedback you received from your mentor teacher on your assessment plan. Explain how you used the information from the class profile you created and describe how the assessments are aligned to the objectives and differentiated for the population of students represented in the class profile. Discuss how you could provide feedback to your students based on the assessment data you would get if you executed this plan.
Indicate the professional collaboration needed to ensure the delivery of an effective learning experience, based on the unit plan.
Submit your class profile, introduction, three formative assessments, one summative assessment, and conclusion to your instructor as one deliverable.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guid