Boundaries and Dual Relationships
In this Assignment, you will apply the information you have learned regarding boundaries and dual relationships to the analysis of a real life scenario.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Ms. Cheney was a case manager at an outpatient clinic that provided a variety of services. One of her clients was Ms. Rosalind, who was receiving services because of a recent divorce. Ms. Cheney had also experienced a divorce in her past and thought she had effectively dealt with that experience, but found herself identifying with many comments made by Ms. Rosalind.
Through their work together, the two women realized they shared many common interests. They often found themselves talking about these shared interests in their time together and eventually began meeting for coffee after their sessions. Ms. Rosalind soon suggested they begin spending additional time together socially and Ms. Cheney agreed. Before long, they became fast friends, spending a significant amount of social time together on evenings and weekends, visiting clubs, going to movies or visiting local restaurants.
After several months, the two had a falling out about a gentleman both women favored. Ms. Rosalind filed a complaint with the Regulatory agency in her state about the relationship.
Please be sure to address all of the following in your Assignment:
- Introduce the case study and analyze the implications of the events in the scenario.
- Investigate the harmful effects of such a relationship on all parties involved: Ms. Rosalind, the helping relationship, and for Ms. Cheney.
- Discuss both the social and emotional impacts of such a relationship as well as their effects on the treatment relationship. Use specific examples.
- Discuss the likely outcome of Ms. Rosalind’s complaint if it was filed in your state.
- Discuss strategies to minimize the likelihood of such a relationship arising in your practice.
Your Assignment should be a 3–4 page expository essay, not including the title and reference pages, and should include the following elements:
- Title page: Provide your name, title of Assignment, course and section number, and date
- Body: Answer all the questions in complete sentences and paragraphs
- Your responses should reflect professional writing standards using proper tone and language. The writing and writing style should be correct, accurate, and reflect knowledge of professional ethics and personal values in the human service profession.
- Reference page: Sources in APA format
- Include a minimum of two scholarly or academic sources to support your responses and conclusions
- Use Arial or Times New Roman 12-point font, double-spaced, and left aligned
- Use standard 1″ margins on all sides
- Use APA Formatting and Citation style
- If you need assistance with APA style, please visit the Academic Success Center.
This Assignment assesses the following Course Outcome:
HN510-2: Compare and contrast behavior that is congruent with the values and ethics of the human services profession.