When an offense is serious enough, an offender has had multiple offenses, or the offender is deemed unfit for diversion due to some other reason, alternatives to a rehabilitative approach may be necessary.
A juvenile who enters “the system” will encounter many figures who make key decisions about their short- and long-term future. In this Assignment, you analyze the key roles and responsibilities of major figures in juvenile proceedings.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- First, imagine that you are taking on one of the following roles. If possible, take on a role that you have not had in your profession:
- Law enforcement
- Social worker
- Another role in the process
- Next, read the Week 5 case study found in the Criminal Justice Case Studies: Juvenile Delinquency and Justice document.
- Aspects of the Assignment require you to apply your learning to this case study.
In 750 to 1,000 words, address the following:
- Recommend the offender in the scenario to either family and juvenile court or adult criminal court based on a particular perspective, such as a prosecutor, a judge, or a social worker.
- Recommend a sentence for the offender and explain the rationale.
- As part of your recommendation, propose a re-entry strategy for the offender.
- Support your recommendations with evidence from the Learning Resources and the case study.