Students must write a research paper–using both primary and secondary sources–that answers the following question:
In American historiography, Marxist historians consider the Cold War an attempt by the U.S. to establish economic hegemony, while Revisionist historians blame individual personalities, namely Stalin and Truman. Might there be some other explanation for explaining the Cold War? Do you think the Cold War was inevitable? If so, what were the factors that made the Cold War conflict between the U.S. and the Soviet Union unavoidable?
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Make sure you have a thesis (a general argument) and provide examples and details from your sources to support your answer (please refer to the rubric on Canvas).
- The First Draft (for Peer Review online) is due on November 20th by 11:59 p.m.. You must have a completed draft of the writing assignment (not just an outline or a page or two) with citations and a bibliography. The peer review needs to be completed by November 22 by 11:59 p.m.. The Final Draft is due on November 25th before 11:59 pm (midnight). You will upload your rough draft and final draft to Canvas (it will be checked for similarity via Turnitin). Late papers will be penalized by one grade per class session.
- This paper is worth 20% of the course grade.
- The length of the paper should be 5-6 pages (approximately 1500-1700 words not including citations).
- The paper must be typed in Times New Roman 12-point font and double-spaced.
- You must provide at least 4 outside sources (besides using the appropriate chapters in Roark and Johnson), two of which must be primary sources.
- All sources must be correctly cited using the Chicago Manual of Style. You must also provide a separate Bibliography at the end of your paper.