Week 2 Database Assignment
Download Apache Open Office and use the database tool to open the “Student Clubs.odb” file available here. Take some time to learn how to modify the database structure and then see if you can add the required items to support the tracking of faculty advisors, as described at the end of the Normalization section in the chapter (Information system for business and beyond: book beginning on p. 43. student table and club table). Review the Getting Started documentation
The following resources and tutorials are available to help you quickly learn how to modify the database structure using “Base”:
• SQ Lite Tutorial – This is SQLite tutorial. It covers the SQLite database engine, sqlite3 command line tool, and the SQL language covered by the database engine.
• SQ Lite Experimentation – Here is what you do to start experimenting with SQLite without having to do a lot of tedious reading and configuration.
• Learn SQ Lite – This reference has been prepared for the beginners to help them understand the basic to advanced concepts related to SQLite Database Engine.
Specifically, this assignment is looking for the following items:
• add a new Faculty Advisors table (similar to the Students table)
• add a new field to the Clubs table to hold Faculty Advisor ID
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Submit the modified “Student Clubs.odb” database file in Blackboard, after adding the new table and the new field.
The rubric for this assignment can be viewed when clicking on the assignment link above.