- A written posting that is 250 to 450 words (i.e., a narrative less than 2 pages in APA format) that is embedded in the discussion board (no attachments).
Your initial/original posting should address the situation/points below.
Discuss an example of a professional decision-making situation for which you believe it would potentially be beneficial to use simple or multiple linear regression analysis to improve the quality of the decision-making process. You shall be expected to select a situation that involves a decision-making process that is complex and involves important outcomes. Your posting shall be expected to address each of the following matters:
- Describe the situation in detail, including describing the complexity of the decision(s) being made and the importance of the decision(s) being made.
- Describe in detail the dependent and independent variable(s) that you believe would be appropriate.
- Describe in detail how you envision the proposed quantitative analysis technique(s) that would potentially improve decision-making relative to the described situation.
- Describe in detail any potential challenges or impediments to using simple or multiple linear regression analysis in the described situation that you might foresee.
Respond to the original posting for a minimum of two of your classmates in video (Webcam Video or Screencast of no longer than 3 minutes in duration) or in a written posting of 150 to 250 words addressing the following:
- State your opinion regarding whether or not the use of simple or multiple linear regression analysis is appropriate for the situation discussed in the posting, including discussing why simple or multiple linear regression analysis is or is not appropriate.
- State your opinion regarding the strengths and weaknesses associated with using simple or multiple linear regression analysis in the situation discussed in the posting.