Douglass Essay Assignment
- Grading Rubric – You will be graded on how well
- State your position on the topic
- Describe the points in support, including your position and other evidence
- Anticipate and address readers’ concerns and arguments against your position
- Correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, and capitalization (1 point each)
- Formatting (3 points each)
- Paper Guidelines
- Paper should not exceed 2 pages
- Times New Roman, 12 pt. font
- Double Spaced. Do not add spaces between paragraphs
- 1 inch margins all around. This is not the automatic setting for Word. Pay Attention!
- Stapled upper left hand corner
- References in APA – parenthetical citations. YOU DO NOT NEED A BIBLIOGRAPHY.
- Heading – upper left corner – Single Spaced
- Instructor’s Name
- Class Date and Time
- Proofread and Edit.
- Revise – Have you used specific details?
- Have you answered the questions?
- Do you have topic sentences?
- Does the ending contain a clear call to action?
- Did you include transitional words and phrases?
- Why did most slaveholders believe that “education and slavery were incompatible with one another”?
- What were some of the various stratagems that Douglass used to learn to read and write?
- What effect did Douglass’ education have on him as a slave? How does this re-enforce the view of the slaveholders that slavery and education are incompatible?
- Does Douglass’s account of his struggles to become educated show us anything about our own views and actions regarding education?
"If this is not the paper you were searching for, you can order your 100% plagiarism free, professional written paper now!"
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now