Please read ALL directions below before starting your assignment. You may find it helpful to print a copy and cross off or highlight as you complete each expectation. Good luck!
HRMN300 Assignment 2 – Summer 2020
- Please submit your assignment as an attachment in your assignments folder.
- Your assignment cannot be accepted via messages, email or conferences.
- You must submit to the assignment link by the due date stated in the syllabus for credit. A missing assignment will be assigned a 0.
- Respond to all three questions below on a new, blank word processing document (such as MS Word).
- Develop each answer to the fullest extent possible, discussing the nuances of each topic and presenting your arguments logically.
- In addition, include citations from the class content resources in weeks 1-6 to support your arguments.
- Each answer should be robust and developed in-depth.
- You are expected to demonstrate critical thinking skills as well as an understanding of the issues identified. Some questions may also require personal reflection and practical application Your responses will be evaluated for content as well as grammar and punctuation.
- All writing must be your original work. PLEASE do not copy or quote anything. Sources are just that, a reference. Once you locate the information, read and interpret the data. What does it mean to you? Type your own thoughts and own words. Then, include in-text citations to support your ideas. This is not a research paper.
o Include a Cover Page with Name, Date, and Title of Assignment.
- Do not include the original question, only the question number.
- Each response should be written in complete sentences, double-spaced and spell-checked. Use 12-point Times New Roman font with 1-inch margins on all sides. Include page numbers according to APA formatting guidelines.
- In addition, you will want to include citations in APA format at the end of each answer. Include a minimum of 3 references for each answer. References must be from class materials.
What is the human resource manager’s role in a career development program? What is the manager’s role in a career development program? Make a case for who is primarily responsible for employees’ career success and why. What factors may be involved? What are some challenges that organizations may face in creating and implementing a career development program?
A) Imagine that you are preparing for your first performance feedback session with your employee. You want the session to be effective for the employee, so he/she will have the motivation and knowledge to improve performance. You also want to provide a valid, accurate evaluation of the employee’s performance. What are the steps that you would take to prepare for the session? What sources of data would you consider? Finally, outline how you would conduct the feedback and evaluation.
B) Assume the role of the employee. How would you need to prepare for your performance evaluation meeting?
Define the term “security” with respect to today’s workplace. Discuss in detail the actions an employer can take to minimize the risk of bullying and workplace violence. What are some other security concerns organizations face and how can these risks be mitigated? Discuss at least three strategies.