1: Learning About Industrial Espionage
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
1. Using the Web, library, journals, or other resources, look up a case of industrial or corporate
espionage not already mentioned in this chapter.
2. Write a brief essay describing the facts in the case. The parties in the case and the criminal
proceeding are of interest, but most of your discussion should focus on the technical aspects
of the case. Be sure to explain how the espionage was conducted.
2: Using Antispyware
Note that this exercise may be repeated with different antispyware products. It is a good idea for any
person interested in computer security to be familiar with multiple antispyware products.
1. Go to the website of one of the antispyware utilities. (See Chapter 5 if you need more direction.)
2. Find instructions on the vendor’s website.
3. Download the trial version of that software.
4. Install the software on your machine.
5. After installation, run the utility. What did it find? Record your results.
6. Let the utility remove or quarantine anything it found.
3: Learning About Key Loggers
Note that this exercise may only be completed on machines where you have explicit permission to do
so (no public computers).
1. Using any website, find and download a key logger. The following websites might help you
locate a key logger:
2. Install the key logger on your PC.
3. Examine how the key logger behaves on your machine. Do you notice anything that might
indicate the presence of illicit software?
4. Run the antispyware software you downloaded in Exercise 2. Does the antispyware software
detect the key logger?
- Combined, your report should be 5-6 pages in length, not including the title or reference pages.
- Be sure to provide citations from your readings and additional research to support your statements.
- Your paper must follow academic writing standards and APA style guidelines, as appropriate.