Individual Assignment: Juvenile Crime Statistics Paper
· Navigate to the National Criminal Justice Reference Service website (https://www.ncjrs.gov/)
· Go to the Site Search box
· Enter the following: Juvenile Arrests 2008.
· Read the “Juvenile Arrests 2008” bulletin by Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention
· Resource: National Criminal Justice Reference Service article “Juvenile Arrests 2008”.
· Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper summarizing the key points of the “Juvenile Arrests 2008” article. Address the following in your paper:
o The overall decrease in juvenile arrests.
o The increase in drug offenses and simple assaults.
o Implications for juvenile females and members of ethnic and racial minorities.
o The increase in arrests of juvenile females and the decrease in arrests of male juvenile offenders for violent crimes.
o An assessment of tracking juvenile arrests as a method of measuring the amount of and trends in juvenile crime.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Do Not use in-text citations to try and fill your paper.