- Select any three of Benner’s Seven Domains of Nursing Practice listed below to describe a recent experience that relates to the domain you selected:
- Helping Role
- Management of Rapidly Changing Situations
- Administering and Monitoring Interventions
- Monitors and Ensures the Quality of Practice
- Organizational and Work Role Competencies
Note: Benner’s Generic Domains of Practice can be adapted for use in all areas of nursing.
- Describe an experience for each Domain of Nursing Practice you selected.
- Identify your competence level using Benner’s Levels of Proficiency (i.e., novice, advanced beginner, competent, proficient, or expert practitioner);
- To help you describe your experiences, review the exemplars for each domain of practice provided in chapters 4 -10 (Benner, 2001);
- In describing the three experiences, use the appropriate criteria to outline the description of your experience, and to validate your level of competence. For example, criteria for the level of Expert Practitioner includes extensive experience, instantaneous grasp of most salient features of a situation, and professional instincts that lead to intuitive decision making and judgment. Expert Practitioners anticipate the unexpected, will still use analytical skills to process info in new situations, perform fluidly and effortlessly, and are respected by physicians.
- Explain why your behaviors demonstrate the level or stage of competence you defined. If your behaviors are not at the Expert Level, describe what you would need to do to advance to the next level.
"If this is not the paper you were searching for, you can order your 100% plagiarism free, professional written paper now!"