In this project, you will demonstrate your mastery of the following competencies:
- Demonstrate effective management skills and practices in diverse, distributed, and collaborative work environments
- Explain the interrelatedness of the functions and forms of organizations
Imagine you are a new manager at the SNHU Pet Supply Company. The company has grown from a small, local pet-supply company into a large organization with locations in Manchester, New Hampshire and Denver, Colorado. It also employs remote staff. The manager you are replacing was with the team for two years and left on negative terms, which exacerbated an already concerning team culture.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
You have been asked to present a management plan that addresses identified areas of concern, rebuilds the team’s culture, and aligns organizational practices to leadership.
Leadership has provided you with a management brief that outlines the key pieces of information you will need in order to make informed recommendations.
Use course resources and the information provided in the Project One Management Brief (located in the Supporting Materials section) to develop recommendations that will meet the needs of your new team and align with your organization’s mission, vision, culture statement, and goals.
Use the Presentation Template to create presentation slides that highlight key pieces of information, and use the Speaker Notes Template to outline what you would say when presenting your recommendations in a future meeting with leadership. Both templates are located in the What to Submit section.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
- Team Management
- Leadership and Management: Describe leadership and management practices that you feel would be best suited to manage the team. Explain why you believe these practices are in alignment with the organization’s mission, culture, and goals, as well as how they would be effective in improving the team’s culture.
- Followership: Explain how you would leverage your strengths as a leader to strengthen the team’s effectiveness and culture. Also explain how your strengths could be used to develop followership within your team.
- Decision-Making Models: Describe decision-making models that you believe will be the most effective for the team and management approach and their alignment with the organization, as well as how they would be effective in improving the team’s culture.
- Emotional Intelligence: Describe considerations for ensuring your management practices are emotionally intelligent and inclusive of diverse perspectives, needs, and roles within your team. Explain why you believe they are in alignment with the organization and how they would be effective in improving the team’s culture.
- Communication and Collaboration Across Functions
- Forms and Functions: Explain how the various forms and functions of the organization impact the team; also explain how the team impacts the various forms and functions across the organization.
- Communication Practices: Describe the strengths and weaknesses of the current communication practices being used across functions, and recommend better ways to communicate that meet the organization’s needs.
- Organizational Mission, Vision, and Goals: Explain the general purpose of organizational missions, culture statements, and goals and what these three things say about the way an organization should operate. Take organizational structure, leadership and management approaches, and diversity and inclusion practices into account when considering an operation.
What to Submit
To complete this project, you must submit the following:
Template: Presentation Template
Your presentation should be between 7 to 10 slides in length, not including the title and references slides. Sources should be cited according to APA style.
Template: Speaker Notes Template
Use complete sentences to outline what you would say in a verbal presentation. Sources should be cited according to APA style.
The following resource supports your work on the project:
Reading: Project One Management Brief
This document provides an overview of the team’s current management and leadership practices and its existing team culture. Review this information to complete your project.
A text-only version of the image in this resource is available: Project One Management Brief Text-Only Version.