Please answer me asap i have a test
1. The formula of chloric acid is HClO3. a) true b) false
2. Bases react with active metals to produce hydrogen gas. a) true b) false
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
3. Aqueous solutions of acids and bases conduct electricity. a) true b) false
4. The piece of lab equipment shown is used to dispense precise volumes. What is this piece of lab equipment called? a) pipette b) burette c) volumetric flask d) graduated cylinder
5. Which of the following solvents is often described as the universal solvent? a) hydrochloric acid b) water c) ethanol d) carbon tetrachloride
6. Solutions have a fixed composition. This means that the amount of solute in a fixed amount solvent is always the same. a) true b) false
7. 96.3 g of potassium iodate is used to prepare 300.0 mL of solution. What is the molar concentration of the solution? a) 5.7 mol/L b) 7.4 mol/L c) 1.5 mol/L d) 1.9 mol/L
8. Which factor does not affect the rate of dissolving? a) agitation b) amount of solvent c) particle size d) temperature
9. One thousand parts per billion equals one part per million. a) true b) false
10. A solution with a pH of 3.4 is three times more acidic than a solution with a pH of 6.4. a) true b) false.
11. Water and oil-based paint are said to be miscible. a) true b) false
12. Decreasing the size of bluestone (copper (II) sulphate pentahydrate) crystals by crushing them allows more bluestone to dissolve in the same amount of water. a) true b) false
13. Solid solutions of metals are called alloys. a) true b) false
14. Solubility is affected by: agitation, temperature, and pressure. a) true b) false
15. To prepare a 0.35 mol/L solution of calcium chloride, you add 19.4 g of CaCl2 to enough water to form 500 mL of solution. a) true b) false
16. A pH of 3.0 means that the concentration of hydrogen ions is 3.0 x 10-7 mol/L. a) true b) false
17. When a solution is made, there is no chemical reaction. The solution can be separated into its components mechanically (evaporation). a) true b) false
18. When an acid solution is diluted, the pH of the solution increases. a) true b) false
19. Which statement about water is false? a) It is made up of a polar molecule. b) It dissolves most polar compounds. c) It dissolves most non-polar compounds. d) It dissolves most ionic compounds.
20. A polar solvent cannot dissolve ionic and polar solutes. a) true b) false
21. Concentration is the amount of solute per quantity of solvent. a) true b) false
22. Acids are dangerous because they are corrosive, but bases are not as dangerous. a) true b) false
23. Which of the following properties is not characteristic of an acid? a) turns phenolphthalein pink b) turns litmus paper red c) conducts electricity d) reacts with an active metal to produce hydrogen gas
24. What is the net ionic equation for the following reaction? a) b) c) d)
25. A solution is a heterogeneous mixture because it is composed of two substances, called the solute and the solvent. a) true b) false
26. A(n) ______ solution is a solution in which water is used as the solvent. a) homogeneous b) heterogeneous c) aqueous d) universal
27. In a ________, the concentration of a solution is determined quantitatively by observing and measuring the reaction of the solution with a second solution of known concentration. a) volumetric reaction b) precipitation c) neutralization d) titration
28. 26.9 g of silver nitrate is dissolved in sufficient water to make 250 mL of solution. The solution’s molarity is: a) 0.108 M b) 0.158 M c) 0.633 M d) 0.780 M
29. What mass of magnesium chloride, MgCl2 must be dissolved in 100.0 mL of water to produce a 2.5 M solution? a) 1.494 g b) 14.94 g c) 23.80 g d) 38.08 g
30. In a neutralization reaction, an acid and a base react to form: a) a precipitate and a gas b) a salt and water c) an acid and a base d) a solute and a solvent
Calculations: You must show all your work in order to obtain full marks.
1. What precipitate is formed when solutions of aluminum nitrate and calcium chromate are mixed? (5 marks)
2. What mass of precipitate is formed when 358 mL of 1.58 M CuNO3 is mixed with 491 mL of 0.87 M Ba(OH)2? (8 marks)
3. A titration is performed on a 25.0 mL sample of calcium hydroxide. A volume of 46.0 mL of a 0.15 M solution of nitric acid is used to reach to the end point. Calculate the concentration of the calcium hydroxide. (8 marks)
4. A titration is conducted using nitric acid and potassium hydroxide. If 2051 mL of 1.4 M of the acid and 1679 mL of 0.83 M of the base are used, what is the final pH of the solution? (8 marks)
"If this is not the paper you were searching for, you can order your 100% plagiarism free, professional written paper now!"
"Do you have an upcoming essay or assignment due?
Get any topic done in as little as 6 hoursIf yes Order Similar Paper
All of our assignments are originally produced, unique, and free of plagiarism.