Portfolio Project Option #1: Legal and Ethical Dilemma Case Study Evaluation
Your Portfolio Project provides an opportunity to evaluate a real-world ethical dilemma from the perspective of the heathcare/hospital administrator. You will use your skills and knowledge of ethics and health law as well as role playing to create a postmortem evaluation plan for prevention of future situations to present to your Senior Leadership team and the Board of Governors. A postmortem analysis is performed after the fact to evaluate the situation and identify a plan for prevention of future incidents.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Choose one of the cases on end-of-life on pages 294-298 in Contemporary Issues in Healthcare Law and Ethics.
Write a 12-15 page report evaluating this case and providing recommendations of this case. Your report should address the following substantive requirements:
- Description of what occurred, who was affected, and rationale
- Assessment of the case from the following perspectives:
- Ethical – describe the ethical principles involved and expectations for all involved.
- Legal – define and argue the legal implications for each party. Explain health laws involved and the influence of the legal environment at the time of this case.
- Regulatory compliance – examine regulatory standards and compliance involved.
- Health reform – illustrate how this case and your role as administrator are different now due to changes in health law and expectations from health reform.
- Recommendations – argue at least three recommendations for the current and future prevention of this type of situation in your facility.
- Action plan for prevention – create an action plan for prevention explaining how you would implement these recommendations.
Your report should meet the following structural requirements:
- Be 12-15 pages in length, not including the cover or reference pages.
- Be formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.
- Provide support for your statements with in-text citations from a minimum of ten (10) scholarly articles. Five (5) of these sources may be from the class readings, textbook, or lectures, but at least five (5) must be external. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these references.
- Use correct terminology pertaining to the law and ethics
- Utilize the following headings to organize the content in your work.
- Introduction and Description
- Action Plan for Prevention
- **Use the attached file case# 3**