You have just been hired as the CIO of an organization that has been in business for a while and has recently acquired another smaller organization in order to increase the market share. The original organization operated a fleet of busses that conducted tours and travel packages along the northern portion of the U.s eastern coast. All of its computer applications existed on a central mainframe at company headquarters in Baltimore, Maryland. The acquired organization conducted helicopter tours around New York City and Washington, DC. All of its systems were c/s based (primarily think clients accessing thin DB servers) and they were based outside Baltimore, near the BWI airport. Due to the mergers, the organization’s IT architecture is now a disparate combination of computer systems and manual procedures. Given the general description of the stakeholder groups below and using the general C/S classes defined in Figure 9.5, prepare a cohesive IT architectural plan for the new organization and present it to the CEO for approval. Address all potential advantages and disadvantages of the plan from the perspectives of the various groups of stakeholders.
bus/helicopter maintenance workers and mechanics (10 employees)
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
-system for ordering parts/supplies
drivers/pilots (20 employees)
-logs and route/schedule information
administration/HR (5 employees)
marketing (8 employees)
-customer interactions (CRM)
Management (9 employees)
Be certain to address all potential stakeholders as listed . The assignment will have two parts. First, answer the assignment question in 2 (two) pages or less. Second, prepare a
PowerPoint presentation of the solution. There are 100 total points available for this
assignment; 50 points for the IT architecture plan, 25 points for the PowerPoint slides, and 25 for the Report
Classes of Client/server applications
Enterprise architecture is the technique to deliberately manage a company’s investment in IT. In period of business consolidation, acquisitions, mergers, spin-offs, drops in the stock market, and a rougher economy, IT venture architecture may be the first thing to take a step back to more imperative business troubles.
The IT Architecture is directed by the few objectives, which help build decisions for establishing some standards:
- Architectural decisions ought to provide the Department’s task.
- The structural design serves varied environments.
- The greater the agreement achieved for individual architectural judgments, thelarger the advantage.
- This architecture plan ought to recognize areas of constancy devoid of impeding necessary improvement.
- Architectural decisions ought to explain the substantial results of non-conformance and conformance with the architecture.
What are some of the benefits of an this IT Architecture plan?
- It will assist to insure interoperability within and exterior to ITB as well as the Department.
- It’s a method to inform developers of subdivision directions.
- It will assist in making development planning, and purchase decisions.
- It will be helpful in line up information technology providers for the subdivision.
- It is a method to converse direction (and changes) both ways ITB.
- It will decrease the maintenance in addition to support requirements.
Bus/helicopter maintenance workers and mechanics (10 employees)
-system and operating parts supplies
• Driver/pilot (20employees)
-logs ad route/schedule information
• Administration/HR (5 employees)
• Marketing (8 employees)
-custom interaction (CRM)