Project 3: Final Reflection Guidelines and Rubric
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Your third longer-term assignment in this course is a presentation or short paper in which you will share your question derived at the end of your observation journal in learning block 4-3 and discuss why it is important and how developments in the social sciences contribute to our understanding of ourselves, each other, and the world around us.
See my attached observation journal attached : Stacey Nelson Observation journal
This final reflection will assess the following course outcomes, which you focused on throughout the fourth theme (Weeks 7 and 8):
Investigate major developments in the progression of social scientific thought for informing critical questions that drive social scientific inquiry
Articulate the value of the social sciences for their impact on contemporary issues
Your third project is a presentation or short paper (you are free to choose) that explores the question you posed at the end of your observation journal. With that question as your topic, you will explain why the answer to it is important to understanding yourself, other people, and the world around you and how the social sciences have developed to help us answer these important questions. The critical elements of this assessment will be evaluated by the information in your presentation or paper. Be sure your actual question is apparent on the presentation or paper.
Specifically, the following critical elements must be addressed in your submission:
I. Explain why your question is important to you as a member of society.
II. Detail the major developments in social science thinking that drive questions regarding studying the individual. Use course resources to back up your discussion.
III. Explain how finding the answer to your question might impact others around you. For instance, who might be most invested in the answer?
IV. Detail the major developments in social science thinking that drive questions regarding studying others. Use course resources to back up your discussion.
V. Explain why studying human behavior and identity is a valuable human endeavor.
VI. Detail the major developments in social science thinking that support the study and advancement of the social sciences as necessary and valuable. Use course resources to back up your discussion.
Supporting Work and Resources
Throughout the fourth theme of this course, there are supports you will use as you work directly on different elements of the final reflection.
1. In learning block 2-7, you submitted your observation journal. Review your submission and the feedback for this assignment via the Project 2 submission link in the My Grades section of the course. Use the question you created from your observation journal for your final reflection. You are free to incorporate any feedback from your instructor on this question into your final reflection.
2. In learning block 6-3, you submitted a micro-presentation or short answer response to give you an opportunity to practice elements of the final submission. For this assignment, you reflected on what you considered to be some of the most significant developments covered in the third theme of this course and addressed the following:
a. Identify the developments and how they impact individuals or larger groups/cultures.
b. Describe how the developments changed society’s understanding. How is the development applicable outside of the social sciences?
View this submission and the feedback for this assignment via the My Grades section of the course and incorporate this assignment into your final reflection.
3. If you choose to submit a presentation instead of a paper, you may use PowerPoint, Prezi, or another presentation platform of your choosing. Reference the Supporting Resources document for instructions on how to use different presentation programs. Be sure to include notes as needed in your presentation in order to meet the outlined critical elements.
4. In learning block 7-1, it was suggested for you to work on Section III of your project. If completed, use this as well as the instructor feedback when working toward your final submission. You can view this via the Student Dashboard.
5. Learning block 8-1 includes a Final Reflection Submission Checklist that you can use to ensure you have met all the requirements of this project. Your instructor is available to provide guidance and answer any questions you may have as you work to finalize your final reflection.