As you expected, many of the older project managers at ADC are not happy that you are going to coordinate the procurement process for the scheduling tool. These project managers believe that their years of experience make them exempt from following proper project management guidelines. Therefore, you need to present the benefits of using a procurement process and the negative consequences of not using a procurement process.
Start by reviewing the Project Management Institute’s A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Sixth Edition Knowledge Area on Project Procurement Management. Use the course materials, textbooks, and Web resources to develop your understanding of how procurement and contract management fit in to the project management life cycle.
PMBOK is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Within the Discussion Board area, write 600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
- Use the library to select a case study with regard to procurement and project management.
- The selected case study should address how a lack of control over procurement adversely affected the project.
- Address the following questions using your selected case study as support:
- In your opinion, why was the lack of procurement detrimental to the project in your case study?
- What steps could have been taken to prevent the problems from the beginning of the project?
- What would you have done to correct the project once problems had already arisen? Why?
- Provide 1 example of a time when you feel that you successfully performed procurement activities. Explain why you think it was successful.