Start this assignment with an introduction about your research topic and why it is of interest and a research “puzzle” (about 1-2 pages). You want to guide your reader from your research area to your research topic, then on to your specific research question. Note: This will be the first draft of your introduction of the Week 8 paper, so be sure to write it in an academic voice (avoid first person and contractions).
While there are many ways to frame a research question, at the graduate level, your research questions should be 1) open-ended and start with “How,” “Why,” “What,” or “To what extent;” 2) should incorporate the variables you seek to assess and their relationship; and 3) should indicate how you intend to test the nature of that relationship. You want to make sure that your question has an appropriate amount of complexity so that it requires a significant amount of research and analysis. A simple Google search should not be able to answer your research question.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Pull out the dependent (DV) and independent variable(s) (IV) that you are interested in looking at. This needs to be specific and you need to discuss ideas for how you might go about measuring the impact that the IV as on the DV. You need to focus in on one or two specific variables, otherwise your research will quickly spin out of control as you will not have the capacity to effectively address the relationship between all the variables.
From here develop a hypothesis that reflects your educated guess as to the relationship between those variables. You may use an “if” “then” statement or you may formulate it as a narrative statement.
Hypothesis: A statement for how a change or condition in one or more independent variables cause(s) a change or condition in a dependent variable.
To recap what is needed in your submission for this assignment:
- Introduction to the overall paper due in week 8
- Research Question
- Dependent (DV) and Independent Variables (IV)
- Your submission should be 2 pages (the Title Page and Reference page will be additional pages).
- Type in Times New Roman, 12 point and double space.
- Students will follow the APA Style as the sole citation and reference style used in written work submitted as part of coursework.
- Use scholarly or other relevant sources.
- Points will be deducted for the use of Wikipedia or encyclopedic type sources. It is highly advised to utilize: books, peer reviewed journals, articles, archived documents, etc.
- Your submission is be in your own words with minimal quotes and cited appropriately.
- This assignment will be graded using the attached rubric.