1. What is the purpose of the system development life cycle (SDLC)? What is meant by Agile Development and iterative development?
2. List and briefly describe the five activities of systems analysis.
3. What are system controls, and why are they not considered part of the users’ functional requirements?
4. Compare/contrast aggregation with composition for a whole part relationship.
5. List the parts or compartments of a fully developed use case description.
6. Explain four types of integrity controls for input forms. Which have you seen most frequently? Why are they important?
7. Describe the key questions that should be asked and answered when a system designer is describing the environment of a system.
8. Describe each of the four metaphors for user interface design.
9. List the components of a DBMS and describe the function of each.
10. Which would be easier to configure and maintain? A vertically partitioned database or a horizontally partitioned database? Explain why.
Grading Rubric for the Assignment #1: