System Analysis—-Consider an artifact of your choice and the ways in which it is used. You should select an object, which can be redesigned to involve new computational functionality..
- Answer all questions.
- Where material has been quoted or reproduced, you should take care to identify
the extent of that material, and the source.
- You may reuse material that was generated and/or submitted as part of your lab
assignments this semester.
- If you need to generate any diagrams you should use a Computer-Aided
Software Engineering (CASE) tool, such as Microsoft Visio.
- If you need clarification on any of the questions, please contact the instructor
This assignment allows you to demonstrate your depth of understanding of the material
covered in the course including:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- – an understanding of key software process models as well as their strengths and weaknesses;
- – the ability to select and apply appropriate methods and techniques to generate an analysis of a situation;
- – the ability to select and apply appropriate methods and techniques to generate a system design for a situation;
- – the ability to introduce a system design method into an existing development environment;
- – familiarity with emerging trends in systems analysis and design.
Question1 Part A (30 points)
Consider an artifact of your choice and the ways in which it is used. You should select an object, which can be redesigned to involve new computational functionality. Make sure to choose an artifact that allows you clear access to the ways in which it is being used. Please avoid ATMs or any other technology where your observations may be misconstrued or seen as suspicious. Your assignment is to: 1) use the techniques you have learned on the course to engineer the requirements for this new digitally augmented artifact; 2) produce a report describing the work undertaken, the techniques used, and the results of those techniques. You should structure you report to include the following 4 sections.
(i) Description of Setting – Provide the background to the domain where the artifact is located. This should include a: a) description of the location; b) description of its purpose; c) description of when it is used; d) description of its general features and functionality.
(ii) Elicitation Approach – Describe the method(s) that you used to elicit requirements. You should justify your choices making sure to reference the literature.
(iii) Analysis – Describe and critically discuss the analysis you used to generate requirements. Make sure to tie your analysis to your elicitation activities.
(iv) Requirements – List the basic requirements for your technologically enhanced artifact.
Part B (15 points)
Generate a requirements document to reflect the work completed in Part A of this question. Ensure that your document follows the structure of one of the templates (Volere(https://www.reqview.com/blog/2019-02-27-news-volere-requirements-specification-template.html), IEEE(http://www.cse.msu.edu/~cse870/IEEEXplore-SRS-template.pdf)) that were presented in the class.
Part C (15 points)
Briefly reflect (using approximately 750 words) on your thoughts and experiences relating to Question 4 of the assignment. Were there any challenges that you faced during your elicitation and analysis phases? Can you suggest any improvements to your processes?