Week 1 Individual Project 1
Deliverable length: 2 pages
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Understand service product.
The ancient Romans were great eaters out. Evidence can be seen even today in Herculaneum, a Roman town near Naples that in 70 a.d. was buried under some 65 feet of mud and lava by the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius.5 Along its streets were a number of snack bars vending bread, cheese, wine, nuts, dates, figs, and hot foods. The counters were faced with marble fragments. The first restaurant ever was called a “public dining room” and originated in France.
Throughout history France has played a key role in the development of restaurants. The first restaurant that actually consisted of patrons sitting at a table and being served individual portions, which they selected from menus, was founded in 1782 by a man named Beauvilliers. However this was not the beginning of the restaurant concept. The first restaurant proprietor is believed to have been A. Boulanger, a soup vendor, who opened his business in Paris in 1765.7 He sold soups at his all-night tavern on the Rue Bailleul. He called these soups restorantes (restoratives), which is the origin of the word restaurant.
Recall your last visit to a restaurant as a paying guest.
Include the following in your assignment:
- Briefly describe the concept of the restaurant.
- Recall your initial impressions of the restaurant as a whole and the service you receive. Justify your position.
- Describe the service product framework in terms of intangibility, inseparability, variability, and/or perishability.
- After your departure, did you feel the quality and standards met, exceeded, or did not meet your expectations? Explain your response.
- Was the service technically sound? Was the entire staff hospitable? Is there a difference between service and hospitality? Explain your position.
- Adhere to APA style requirements.