Of course, public administrators will never be able to provide the community with all the services they desire in terms of quality and quantity. This shifts the goal to providing the greatest levels of services possible, based on the resources allocated. To some extent, the mechanical aspects of creating a budget are simple. What do you want to do? What needs to be done to accomplish it? How much will that cost? That simple process is complicated by the need to integrate differing stakeholders, as discussed throughout the course. However, once a budget is crafted, it might be necessary to reduce it, for a number of reasons. Any such budget reduction will have ramifications to the public, to the organization, and to the governing body (legislative decision-makers) who approve the budget. In this assignment, you will explore this further.
Using the budget selected in the Unit 2 assignment (in attachments), complete the following:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Identify a reduction in agency expenditures of five percent, providing specifics on what will be cut, analyzing how those cuts might affect service quality and quantity to the public.
- Identify a reduction in agency expenditures of 10 percent, providing specifics on what will be cut, analyzing how those cuts might affect service quality and quantity to the public.
- Evaluate how the proposed budget cuts might influence the image of the agency now and in the future. Provide insights into how this might affect not only trust in the organization, but a willingness to provide further support in the future.
- Evaluate how the proposed budget cuts might influence the image of the governing body now and in the future, providing insights into how this might affect not only trust in the governing body, but a willingness to provide further support in the future.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Assignment guidelines: Please ensure the assignment mirrors the requirements for assignments noted in the Faculty Expectations.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current edition APA style and format.
- Length of paper: 5–7 typed, double-spaced pages, excluding title page and references.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.