“up in the air” movie analysis paper
1. Purpose: Recognize the importance of various influences on communication and analyze the process that occurs as a relationship is established, grows, and changes.
· In this context, relationship means the state or character of being interrelated: connected.
· This analysis is about the state of affairs existing between people who have dealings with each other.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
2. Content Directions:
· Select a major scene from a movie where there is dyadic (two people communicating) interaction.
· Watch the whole film and the scene several times observing theory – principles – concepts.
· Identify the following IN THE SCENE YOU CHOOSE:
o Chapter #1: All parts of the Communication Model
o Chapter #2: The perception process at work in the scene
Apply impression formation processes to one character in your scene
o Chapter #3: Show how aspects of cultural differences are at work in the scene
o Chapter #5: Identify and discuss aspects of nonverbal communication observed
o Chapter #6: Apply the 4 parts of the (self disclosure) Johari Window to one character
Apply Dimensions & Stages of a Relationship
o Chapter #7: Stages / Dimensions and Active Listening Process
3. Paper Writing Directions:
· Typed 4 – 6 page paper – double spaced – Times New Roman – 12 pt font size – 1” margins – APA
· Identify: the communication phenomena observed in the scene
· Required: Concepts and terms from the text book must be used in writing your paper.
· UnderlineOR Boldeach key termused within the paper. Use APA style to reference page number.
4. Analysis Outcome = A critical analysisof a lengthy movie scene in essay form (50 points)
· NOT a chronological description of events
· Goals: Reader fully understands the characters and their relationship
Clarity of each concept that IS or IS NOT at work in the scene
Concepts correctly interpreted and applied
· Organization: Use a sectionalizedformat:
o Introduction(includes scene description):
§ Attention material + identification of relevant characters + major film plot /premise
§ Thesis statement + previews (points) primary concepts discussed in the paper
o Analysis: of communication and specific application of communication principles.
§ Identify the major principles/concepts and support these with specific movie example
§ Draw links to concepts and the factors that influence our communication w/ others
o Evaluation: How do you think you would do in this type of relationship?
o Conclusion: Brief Summary
"If this is not the paper you were searching for, you can order your 100% plagiarism free, professional written paper now!"
"Do you have an upcoming essay or assignment due?
Get any topic done in as little as 6 hoursIf yes Order Similar Paper
All of our assignments are originally produced, unique, and free of plagiarism.