Assignment 1: Encryption and Hashing Algorithms: Tools and Commands
Due Week 3 and worth 100 points
The CIA and FBI have been working as a joint task force to unearth the meaning behind a vast amount of intercepted digital communiqué between two known operatives believed to be spies. They have recruited your company to assist with the decryption of these messages.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Write a paper in which you answer the following:
Before you start on this mission, both national organizations want to verify your ability to identify hash and encryptions standards. Answer the following questions, providing specific details for each topic:
- Explain how to identify the type of hash, identifying a tool that can integrate with Linux and Windows so desktop users are able to verify hash values. Specify any online tools.
- Describe the difference between RSA and ECDSA encryption algorithms and name a well-known product that uses each type of encryption. Be sure to cite your references.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Here is a useful online resource to help with your tasked assignment from the FBI. Using the following link, decrypt the random messages and put them together into a useful missive. Identify the hash type and rearrange the messages in logical order to assemble the message.
Contact your supervisor (professor) to receive the communiqué, if it is not shared with you first .
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe cryptology and its impact on cybercrime response.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in cybercrime techniques and response.
- Write clearly and concisely about topics related to cybercrime techniques and response using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.