Hello, please see the below:
- respond to the following questions based on Macy’s.
- Barrier #3: Failure to Finish. Reflect on the following statement, then describe a time when you witnessed (or are currently witnessing) that proximate factors do indeed drive people’s behaviors significantly more than distant factors.
- Solutions and Tools for Breaking through Barrier # 3 Black (2014) says that “failure to finish is primarily a function of people getting tired or getting lost…. [and the] antidotes to getting tired and getting lost are champions and charting” (p. 129). Select one of the two antidotes (providing champions or charting progress) to propose a remedy for the situation you described in the above scenario (Barrier #3: Failure to Finish) and detail your plan. You are encouraged but not required to provide an example such as an outline or illustration similar to those depicted by Black (2014) in the textbook reading.
Proximate factors refer to those elements that are spatially more near an individual/employee when compared to other factors that may be more distant. A micro-managing boss would be a proximate factor when compared to a distant factor represented by a corporate president who is hardly ever seen or heard from in person. The proximal boss would likely drive the subordinate’s behavior much more than the distant president.Within the last 50 years, research has consistently demonstrated that to employees, organizational elements such as strategy, structure, or even compensation and incentive systems are abstract and remote. In contrast, the example they see in their boss, the reinforcement they get from their peers, or the punishment they get from customers is much closer—it is “proximate,” in academic speak. Research further demonstrates that proximate factors drive people’s behaviors significantly more than distant factors (Black, 2014, p. 116)
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Provide a detailed post that demonstrates clear, insightful critical thinking. Your initial posting should be 200-300 words long.
- Your initial posting is to include, at a minimum, two sources properly cited and referenced: (a) Black, J. S. (2014). It starts with one: Changing individuals changes organizations (3rd ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education., and (b) http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/21/former-google-caree… Former Google career coach shares a visual trick for figuring out what to do with your life