Week 6- pharm | Nursing homework help
Week 6 Discussion
Patient With Polydipsia and Weight Gain
FM is a 52-year-old man complaining of excessive thirst. He was in his usual state of health until about 3 to 4 weeks ago when he experienced a significant weight gain that he blames on the stay-at-home order in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. He has been lonely and depressed and sitting at home “eating everything in sight.” Over the past week he has noticed increasing thirst, urinary frequency, and blurred vision.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Past Medical History
• Lisinopril, 10 mg daily
• Hydrochlorothiazide, 25 mg daily
• Atorvastatin, 10 mg daily
• Height: 68 inches; weight: 262 lbs.; BMI: 39.8; blood pressure: 158/96; pulse: 82; respiration rate: 16; temperature: 98.2 °F
• Well-developed obese Latino male in no distress
• Lungs: clear
• Heart: regular rate and rhythm
• Extremities: no edema
• Neurological: no deficits
• Hematocrit: 42%
• Random capillary blood glucose: 358 mg/dL
• Hemoglobin A1c: 11.4% • Urinalysis: specific gravity 1.010, pH 7.4, 4+ glucose, zero acetone
1. What nonpharmacologic treatments should be recommended to FM?
2. What pharmacologic treatments should be recommended or avoided in FM?
3. What additional laboratory tests should be recommended to FM?
"If this is not the paper you were searching for, you can order your 100% plagiarism free, professional written paper now!"
"Do you have an upcoming essay or assignment due?
Get any topic done in as little as 6 hoursIf yes Order Similar Paper
All of our assignments are originally produced, unique, and free of plagiarism.