Why Are Some Occupations Paid More than Others?
Purpose of Assignment
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
The purpose of this assignment is so students may look at the microeconomic data and other sources for better understanding of trends and determinants of the labor market.
We will look at the microeconomic data and other sources for better understanding of trends and determinants of the labor market. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) website provides public with an easy access to different statistical tools and different types of data presentation.
Select the following surveys, from the BLS Current Employment Statistics survey (National):
- Retail Trade Employment – CES4200000001
Retrieve and save a Microsoft® Excel® file and the graphs to your desktop for analysis. You will have to check the “include graph” box along the top of the page to see the graph, and you will need to copy and paste the graph separately into your Microsoft® Excel® document.
Tutorial help on Excel® and PowerPoint® functions can be found on the Microsoft® office website. There are also additional tutorials via the web that offer support for office products.
Campus Classes: Prepare a 14 slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation based on your analysis to share in class.
Include the following content in the presentation:
- What are trends in the labor market for the chosen labor group that you can identify for the last 10 years? Please provide the retrieved statistics.
- What factors affected the demand and supply for this labor group during the last 10 years? Research and report data available from Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) and other peer reviewed sources.
- In addition to wages, what other factors influence an individual to choose one job over another?
- What jobs do you think have the best mix of salary and other characteristics that individuals care about?
Cite a minimum of three peer-reviewed sources, not including the textbook and required economic data. Format consistent with APA guidelines.