Case Study – Unicaja
Unicaja Banco (UNICAJA), is the fifth bank in Spain -after its merge with Liberbank in July 31th, 2021-. It provides a full range of financial services for institutional banking, consumer banking, and wealth management. UNICAJA focus on Spanish market, with over 1.400 offices, 9.700 employees, and a volume of assets of 113.000 millions of euros.
After the merge with Liberbank, UNICAJA has identified as a critical issue, the digitalization of the bank. The need for UNICAJA to leverage digital transformation is also driven by the changing nature of Spanish consumers, with a 68% of internet users as digital banking users -having an increase of 7% from 2019-. Young generations of Spanish citizens are leading the adoption of smartphones and preferred to engage with businesses in a very different way; and different pure digital banking competitors are arriving or arising at the market.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
To strengthen its presence and reach across the Spanish market, the Board of Directors of UNICAJA has concluded that they need to formulate a strategy to put digital at the core of its banking business.
You need to analyse the situation of UNICAJA and propose the strategies you consider appropriate to the Board of Directors, to achieve the corporate goal defined by them. Your proposal must include all dimensions and aspects of a digital business, in a justified way.
Details of the task
- The expected table of contents should include the analysis of the current situation, and the proposal of the strategies developed
- All data or information references must be identified from its source
- All proposals must be described and justified in alignment with the business goals described, and specific for the case study presented. Generic proposal
will not be took into account.
- The deliverable is a document, with all the figures you consider necessary, in pdf format
- Wordcount: aprox. 3.000 words
- Cover, Table of Contents, References and Appendix are excluded of the total wordcount.
- Font: Arial 12,5 pts.
- Text alignment: Justified.
- The in-text References and the Bibliography have to be in Harvard’s citation style.
Submission: Week 5 – Via Moodle (Turnitin). Deadline: Sunday 31/10/2021 23:59 CEST.
Weight: This task is a 40% of your total grade for this subject. It assesses the following learning outcomes:
- Outcome 1: to have the managerial skills and strategy required to run the day to day of digital business.
- Outcome 2: to comprehensively understand the cash flow dynamics of a digital business.