- Review section 3.2 in our text regarding product life cycles.
- Identify an appropriate product, product category or brand.
- One that has moved through all phases of the life cycle
- Do a web search for dead brands or product fads. Or use this article about bygone tech (Links to an external site.) for inspiration.
- Research your brand/product/category to answer the following:
- The approximate timing of each life cycle phase.
- The key events that marked the start or end of each phase.
- Use at least three sources.
- Post this information to the discussion forum below.
- In the title of your post identify your product/brand/category.
- Your response must be at least 300 words and also refer to your textbook.
- Discussion 2
- Market niches: Digital Show and Tell
- Brands carve out niches in the marketplace by targeting a specific audience. And two of the most powerful tools a marketer has for making their target feel the brand is “for them” is how they position and package their Product and how they make use of Place — relative to both physical and virtual places of business.
- You’re going to select either the male targeted Sport Clips (Links to an external site.)(a retail hair cuttery) or the female targeted Sister Snog (Links to an external site.) (a London business social network) and describe how they target through the use of place and product.
- Guided Response:
- Pick one of the two brands and visit their website
- Sport Clips (Links to an external site.) or Sister Snog. (Links to an external site.)
- Identify a site page – landing page or otherwise – where place and/or product is featured.
- Remember; place encompasses physical and virtual locations
- In the post title identify whether you picked Sport Clips or Sister Snog.
- Copy the webpage link from your browser.
- In the body of your post, use the ‘Link to URL’ tab to include the link to the page you are seeing.
- Identify at least three examples of how place and/or product is used to reinforce the gender targeting. Use at least 300 words and refer to your text to support your ideas. Your response should contain details about niche marketing.
- Feel free to use more than one page of the website to explain your ideas. (Add the link to all the pages you are talking about).
- Compare and contrast the physical appearance of the two brands. Hint: color, layout, features, and etc.
- Explore the website of the brand you didn’t pick. Respond to three of your peers, at least one of which must be for the brand you didn’t pick. Comment on market niche strategies that those brands used/failed to use in promoting their website. Then answer this:
- Which brand do you think uses product and place more effectively to differentiate itself? Cite at least one reason why relative to both product and place.
Since 2010, we have offered professional writing services to clients all over the world.
Over the years, our writers have gained solid experience in all academic disciplines, giving them a competitive edge to provide only first-rate academic papers.
For any questions, feedback, or comments, we have an ethical customer support team that is always waiting on the line for your inquiries.
Talk to us
Call us: +1 (916) 407-2506