To prepare for this assignment:
- Review Chapter 1 in the course textbook, paying particularly close attention to the section beginning on page 2 entitled “What Is Psychological Abnormality?”
- Consider some personal encounters that you have had with others during which you thought that their behaviors might be deemed “abnormal.”
The assignment (1–2 pages):
- Describe and analyze your personal experiences and encounters with abnormal behavior.
- Describe in detail three examples of abnormal behavior, based on your personal experiences, encounters with others, or examples from the news.
- Identify elements in these examples that relate to “the four D’s” that can be used to identify what is abnormal, including deviance, distress, dysfunction, and danger.
- Discuss cultural factors that might have an impact on whether or not the behavior you described would be considered abnormal.
- Discuss any limitations to “the four D’s” approach to defining abnormal that are highlighted by your three examples and your analysis of these examples.
"If this is not the paper you were searching for, you can order your 100% plagiarism free, professional written paper now!"
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now