Qualitative Methods in Organisational Psychology
This term paper is for a qualitative methodology class.
You can use any research question you want, as long as it is related to organisational psychology. Also, please focus on the methodology.
It doesn’t matter if the research question is very common or broad, as this paper should focus on the methodology (be specific about the method and sample). As I will have to perform the research later, it will be great if the research/interview question can be done with any individuals who has experience in an organisation, so I won’t have too much problem in accessing the sample.
Below is the instructions given for the paper:
The formative assignment entails preparation for the research project which will form your summative assignment. You will prepare for two methods of data collection: (interview/focus group AND participant observation), but you will implement ONE of these for the summative assignment. The formative assignment should consist of the following:
1. Introduction (one page), including:
• A working title for your project
• One paragraph introducing the context and purpose of your research
• Your research question
• A statement of the method of data collection you anticipate using for the summative assignment
2. Interview/focus group section:
• An interview topic guide OR a focus group topic guide (approx. 1 page)
• One paragraph discussing the intended sample
3. Participant Observation section:
• A pre-fieldwork report for a participant observation study (approx. 2 pages)
• A paragraph reflecting on possible challenges and next steps for improvement.
If the research question that you come up with can be easily done by using the interview/focus group, and almost impossible to do it with observation, that’s totally fine. If so, you still have to write the two pages in participant observation section. You can describe how you can get access to an organisation (maybe get a job there), and observe the interactions/behaviors to collect the data, but that will require a certain amount of effort and time, etc. Or vice versa.
Click here to have a similar A+ quality paper done for you by one of our writers within the set deadline at a discounted rate
The post Qualitative Methods in Organisational Psychology appeared first on Infinite Essays.